SATURDAY, AUGUST 9, 12-5PM* at PEACHTREE + PINE WORKS
Visual journaling through altered books is a process of using mixed media and/or found objects to transform an old book into something new and allow the artist to create a personal journal for reflection, expression, and emotion regulation.
Download workshop flyer here.
Through discussion, demonstrations, & experientials:
1) Participants will be able to describe the theory, ethical implications, and various processes of visual journaling through altered books.
2) Participants will be able to recognize the clients that would benefit from the visual journaling through altered books process.
3) Participants will know how to use visual journaling through altered books for self-care.
- Participants will need to bring a book to alter.
- All other art materials will be provided, but you're welcome to bring your own, too, if you'd like!
- Light snacks will be provided.
-> Advanced Registration (BY Sat, July 26)
$80 GATA, $100 Non-members (4.5 CEUs**)
-> Standard Registration (AFTER Sat, July 26)
$100 GATA, $120 Non-members (4.5 CEUs**)
-> To register, please visit:
-> To stay updated, please visit:
SPACE IS LIMITED. REGISTER TODAY!
*Registration from 11:30am-12pm**4.5 LPC and LCSW CEUs applied for.
Anna Ford Smith, LPC, ATR-BC is a counselor and art therapist in private practice in the Brookhaven/Buckhead area. She has experience doing art therapy with older adults, suicide survivors, children with medical illnesses, anxiety, ADD, and autism, as well as at-risk youth. She is intensively trained in dialectical behavior therapy (DBT). Anna currently works with children, adolescents, and adults, with a focus on women and girls with eating disorders, and/or difficulty with emotion regulation and identity development.
Paige Scheinberg, MS, LAPC is an art therapist and founder of Positive Art with Paige. She has worked with people of all ages with diverse needs, but currently works with adults in an inpatient behavioral health hospital, as well as provides independent workshops grounded in positive art therapy. Paige is passionate about offering creative experiences to help others cultivate sustainable happiness and ﬂourish in their personal and professional lives.